Want to join the renewable revolution and upgrade your home to protect against future energy hikes? Solar PV is one solution to achieving energy independence, helping you transition into a renewable technology. Zing has a long heritage in solar and we can advise you on the best way to generate free energy and save money
Benefits of a Solar PV system:
- Energy from Renewables: solar panels generate clean and renewable energy, reducing carbon emissions and air pollution. Using this form of energy means you’re contributing to a greener, more sustainable future.
- Increase Property Value: if your home is equipped with a Solar PV system, it may be attractive to environmentally conscious homebuyers who see them as a valuable addition and be willing to pay more for your home.
- Energy Protection: a Solar PV system provides your home with a sustainable energy solution, whereby producing your own energy will not only lower your energy bills, but also protect you against rising energy costs.
- Low maintenance: Solar panels require minimal maintenance. Periodic cleaning to remove dirt and debris is recommended, plus using a solar cleaning contractor once a year to inspect the condition of the solar panels.
- Lower Energy Bills: using daylight togenerate your own energy is essentially free and eradicates the need to rely on energy supplier electricity tariffs. Plus, you can sell any excess energy you produce back to the grid.
Frequently Asked Questions
WILL I NEED TO REPLACE MY ROOF?
Providing your roof is in good condition, you should not have to replace your existing roof when installing a Solar PV system. However, if your roof is showing signs of damage and its structural integrity is compromised, we suggest installing a new roof before any Solar PV works can be carried out. As part of the surveying process at Zing Energy, we will assess the roof condition free of charge.
DO I NEED PLANNING PERMISSION?
The majority of our Solar PV installations do not require any form of planning application as they are regarded as permitted development. However, in some circumstances it may be necessary to submit a planning application, particularly if; your property is ‘listed’, is located in a conservation area or you live in a part of the country where permitted development rights do not apply. If in doubt, speak to your local authority planning department for advice.
HOW LONG DO SOLAR PANELS LAST?
Solar panels are durable products designed to withstand varying weather conditions. Typically, they will last up to 25+ years, with top of the range models offering an even greater life span. Solar panels also require little to no maintenance, with just a simple clean recommended each year. So providing the panels are installed correctly and are kept in good condition, they should operate efficiently for many years to come.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EXCESS ENERGY GENERATED BY SOLAR PANELS?
If your household energy demands are lower than the electricity your solar panels produce, you may be able to sell the excess energy back to the national grid. This is all made possible through the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme, introduced by the Government in 2020. However, due to the current cost of electricity, to maximise this excess energy, you could also consider installing a Solar Battery system, which will store energy for later use.
WILL SOLAR POWER LOWER ENERGY BILLS ?
Generating your own energy from solar panels is not only environmentally friendly but is also an effective way of lowering your reliance on buying electricity from your energy supplier. Furthermore, you can make significant savings on your annual energy bills, as illustrated via the Energy Saving Trust’s ‘Solar energy calculator’. Also, installing a Solar battery to work alongside your solar pv system can generate further savings. Zing Energy solar specialists will help you decide which system is right for you!