Typically, a large proportion of heat within homes escapes via the roof, with heat rising and finding an escape route. For this reason, roof insulation is one of the best methods to become truly energy efficient, reducing your fuel bills for years to come. Zing has a series of experts who can carry out this work, keeping your home cosy and lowering your fuel bills.
Benefits of Loft Insulation:
- Preventing Heat Loss: an uninsulated home loses up to 25% heat loss through the roof, which can be easily mitigated by installing loft insulation, leaving you with a much warmer and cosier home.
- Noise Reduction: installing loft insulation creates a sound barrier which is particularly good for reducing noise permeating from the top of the roof, often caused by birds and other animals.
- Increase Green Credentials: with loft insulation resulting in a reduction in energy consumption, your carbon footprint will be significantly reduced, and your home will be more environmentally friendly.
- Less Stress on Boiler: another positive from having a fully insulated loft is that your boiler will not have to work so hard to keep a consistent room temperature in your home, helping to prolong your boiler’s lifespan.
- Lower Energy Bills: according to the Energy Saving Trust, households could save as much as £415 per year by installing loft insulation, and with rising energy bills, it’s now as important as ever to become more energy aware.
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I INSTALL LOFT INSULATION MYSELF?
Installing loft insulation is relatively straightforward and many householders choose to have a go at it themselves. However, the benefits of using the services of Zing Energy not only include using our highly skilled and accredited technicians, but our installs also come with a workmanship warranty, giving you peace of mind.
WHAT GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR LOFT INSULATION?
As part of the UK’s commitment to reduce carbon emissions and therefore make our country greener and more energy efficient, the Government have obligated the largest energy companies in the UK to offer energy saving grants via the Energy Company Obligation or ‘ECO Scheme’. This scheme provides funding for low-income households to install a variety of energy saving measures, with Loft Insulation being one of these measures.
HOW LONG DOES LOFT INSULATION LAST?
The lifespan of loft insulation can vary depending on the type of insulation material used and the quality of installation. In general, most loft insulation materials have a relatively long lifespan, often exceeding 20 years or more. However, factors such as exposure to moisture, pests and rodents and physical damage can have an impact on the overall lifespan of the product and installation. Regular inspections of your loft insulation can help identify any issues that may arise, allowing you to address them promptly and ensure the continued effectiveness of the insulation.
WILL LOFT INSULATION AFFECT STORAGE SPACE?
Loft insulation may reduce your available storage space, as it typically requires covering the loft floor with insulation. However, solutions like raised loft platforms can be installed to create storage space above the insulation. It is important to leave an air gap between any boarding, otherwise you run the risk of moisture build-up and damp forming.
HOW MUCH LOFT INSULATION DO I NEED?
Installing loft insulation provides an effective way to combat rising heat-loss, especially in colder temperatures. Building regulations recommend a minimum of 270mm thickness for loft insulation, but insulating above this amount can provide further savings on your energy bills. Our energy efficiency experts at Zing Energy can answer any loft installation queries you may have.