Want to upgrade your home to the latest renewable technology and start benefiting from reduced energy bills? Air source heat pumps (ASHP) are an excellent solution to making your home more energy efficient – helping you to switch from old off-gas systems to renewable technologies. Join the revolution and install an ASHP today.
Benefits of an Air Source Heat Pump:
- Renewable and Reliable: heat pumps are designed to last for up to 20 years and are regarded as a reliable and long-lasting renewable technology. Plus, once installed, they require very little maintenance.
- Cleaner and Greener: heat pumps are not powered by any fossil-fuel burning substances. So if you are switching from a solid fuel burning system, you will significantly reduce your carbon emissions.
- Reduced running costs: one of the main benefits of installing a heat pump, especially if replacing an Electric, LPG or Oil heating system, is the reduction in energy consumption, resulting in lower energy bills. Zing Energy installs air source heat pumps which operate at 400% efficiency, converting 1kw of electricity into 4kw of heat.
- Compatible with Solar: air source heat pumps can be integrated with a Solar PV (solar panels) system and run off the electricity produced by the panels. Adding a battery storage system, will further enhance your renewable energy generation.
- A Healthier Home: installing an air source heat pump can help improve the indoor air quality within your home; reducing airborne particles, pollutants and allergens, especially if switching from a solid fuel-burning system.
Frequently Asked Questions
DO HEAT PUMPS WORK IN COLD WEATHER?
Modern heat pumps are designed to operate effectively in cold weather, keeping you warm in the winter months. However, your heat pump will have to work harder in lower temperatures to maintain a consistently warm home, which is why it’s essential to install the correct heat pump for your home.
HOW MUCH DOES AN AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP COST?
The cost of installing an air source heat pump can vary, depending upon size of property, heating demand, size of heat pump required, and whether any energy efficiency upgrades are necessary prior to installing the heat pump. Zing Energy provides access to energy saving grants to help cover these costs, resulting in a significantly improved energy efficient home, future-proofing against rising energy costs.
ARE GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMPS?
Under the ‘ECO’ scheme , energy grants towards the cost of installing an air source heat pump are readily available. Householders may be eligible for a grant, providing they are in receipt of specific qualifying benefits, To find out if you qualify, simply Click ‘Apply’.
IS MY HOME SUITABLE FOR AN AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP (ASHP)?
There are a number of factors to consider when determining the suitability of installing a heat pump; such as how well your property is insulated, to how much space is available to install the heat pump system. Fortunately, Zing Energy can assess your property to see if an ASHP is suitable, and if your home needs thermal insulation installed, we can take care of that too!
WILL I NEED TO CHANGE MY RADIATORS?
Heat pumps operate at lower temperatures than heating systems such as gas boilers, which means radiators must be sized appropriately to ensure individual rooms are reaching the desired temperature. In most cases larger radiators need to be installed to match the lower flow temperatures present with air source heat pumps.