Does your loft conversion or attic feel the draught in the winter and experience excessive heat in the summer? If so, room in roof insulation can eradicate these issues, leaving your home with a preferable temperature all year round
Benefits of Room in Roof Insulation:
- Create a habitable space: installing room in roof insulation can help to transform your loft space into a cosy habitable room, where this new layer of insulation can help to stabilise the temperature, creating a comfortable space.
- Increase Property Value: if you are thinking of selling your property, creating an additional comfortable living space in the loft of your home could be appealing to potential buyers, and could help your property stand out from the rest.
- Increased Comfort: insulation installed properly, can have a positive impact on living conditions by keeping the room cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, creating a more comfortable home environment.
- Sustainable Materials: modern insulation products are now available with environmentally friendly options, such as recycled materials and natural fibres, which may align with your sustainability goals.
- Energy Savings: as heat rises it escapes through uninsulated areas of the property, resulting in significant energy wastage. Although up to 25% of heat is lost this way, if you install room in roof insulation, you can stop this from happening.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS ROOM IN ROOF INSULATION?
Room-in-roof insulation is a type of insulation specifically designed for properties with rooms or living spaces built within the attic or loft space. It is an effective way to improve the energy efficiency of a property by reducing heat loss and maintaining a comfortable temperature in these areas. This achieved by installing insulating batts to the walls and the sloping parts of the ceiling, with insulation material fitted between the batts, followed by plasterboard which is then plastered over.
HOW DOES ROOM IN ROOF INSULATION WORK?
When a property is uninsulated, the rising heat will escape via the loft space, resulting in fluctuating temperatures in warm and cold weather. This can be uncomfortable as it may feel either too hot or too cold. One way to mitigate this is to install room in roof insulation, which essentially provides an insulating blanket, stopping heat from escaping your roof, whilst protecting the habitable space from the external cold.
ARE THERE ANY GOVERNMENT GRANTS FOR ROOM IN ROOF INSULATION?
Zing Energy are specialists in helping householders qualify for energy grants for a variety of energy saving measures, including room in roof insulation. If you in a property with a loft that was built without roof insulation, you may be able to qualify for one of these grants to cover the cost of a roof insulation upgrade. There are a number of qualifying criteria which need to be met in order to be successful. Simply fill in our contact form and we will take care of the rest!
HOW TO PREPARE FOR ROOM IN ROOF INSULATION
Prior to our installation team starting your room in roof insulation install, you will need to clear out the room, removing any furniture and other obstructions. It is also essential that the room does not have any roof leaks or excessive damp and condensation issues, otherwise the installation may not go ahead. However, Zing Energy also provide remedial works, so we should always be able to help!
WHAT DEFINES A ‘ROOM IN ROOF’?
A ‘Room in roof’ is defined as a room within the roof space, accessed via a staircase; for example, a converted roof space such as a loft conversion. The room will usually have visible sloping ceilings, and dormer or sloping style windows. Zing Energy are experts in room in roof insulation, and are ready to help and see if you qualify for a room in roof grant.