Upgrade your electric storage heaters! Replacing your old electric heaters with a more efficient electric storage heating system will benefit you financially in the long term. Plus, you may be eligible for an energy saving grant to cover the costs.
Benefits of installing modern electric storage heating:
- Greater Energy Efficiency: modern electric storage heaters are designed to be more energy-efficient than older models, helping to retain heat for longer periods, resulting in reduced energy wastage.
- Reduced Energy Bills: by using off-peak electricity tariffs, electric storage heaters can help you take advantage of cheaper electricity rates during low-demand times, helping to lower your energy costs.
- Advanced Features: new electric heaters include advanced controls and programmable features, allowing you to set specific heating schedules and temperatures for different times of the day.
- Improved Safety Features: newer electric storage heaters include better technology and modern components, which provide you with enhanced safety features for your home.
- Maximum Control: modern electric heaters include accurate thermostats which provide you with greater control over how much energy you use, plus how you distribute heat into each room in your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY ARE NEW ELECTRIC STORAGE HEATERS MORE EFFICIENT?
Modern storage heaters take advantage of cheaper tariffs by charging at night and storing warmth throughout the day, resulting in greater efficiency and lower running costs.
WHAT STORAGE HEATERS DO I NEED?
The size and number of heaters required depend on a variety of factors. including the size of property you live in. Zing Energy will carry out a free, no obligation survey to establish your energy system requirements.
WHAT IS AN ECONOMY 7 METER AND TARIFF?
‘Economy 7’ tariffs are where utility companies provide cheaper electricity at off-peak times; i.e during the 7 hours of night time when energy is typically less in demand. ‘Economy 7’ requires an Economy 7 meter which tracks when energy has been used.
CAN I USE STORAGE HEATERS WITH SOLAR PANELS?
Installing a Solar PV system (solar panels) combined with storage heaters is a great way to heat your home, as the electricity generated from the panels will charge your storage heaters during the day, so you still have warmth in the evening.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A STORAGE HEATER GRANT?
Under the ECO4 scheme, low-income households in receipt of certain benefits may be entitled to a grant which could cover the cost of installing your new storage heater. Simply click on the Apply button to see if you qualify.