Want to upgrade your home to the latest renewable technology and start benefiting from reduced energy bills?
Air source heat pumps (ASHP) are an excellent solution to making your home more energy efficient – helping you to switch from old off-gas systems to renewable technologies. Join the revolution and install an ASHP today.
What are air source heat pumps?
Unlike standard boiler systems, ASHP’s deliver heat at much lower temperatures and over longer periods of time. Similar to the way in which a fridge extracts heat from its inside, they extract heat from the outside and can even generate heat when the mercury dips below -10° C. The heat generated can be used to heat your home and water too, depending on which type of ASHP you install.
What are the benefits?
- Receive income – Generate your own energy and receive quarterly payments through the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This incentive pays homeowners for each unit of energy their ASHP produces.
- Lower energy bills – They’re cheaper to run than direct electric heating and oil boilers, and in some cases, can be cheaper than running gas boilers.
- Reduce CO2 – Generating renewable energy not only reduces your energy bills, but also significantly reduces your carbon footprint.
- Space saving – They’re easy to install, do not require much space and are therefore suitable for properties with limited garden space.
- Reliable – Designed to last up to 20 years and are therefore regarded as a reliable and long-lasting renewable technology. Plus, once installed, they require very little maintenance.
- Warranty included – All of our ASHP’s come with both a manufacturer’s warranty and a Zing Energy workmanship warranty.
How does air source heating work?
The process works by transferring outside heat into a fluid. This fluid then passes through a compressor where its temperature is increased. This higher temperature is then transferred to heating and hot water systems.
Do air source heat pumps work in cold weather?
The amount of heat transferred to your home by an ASHP depends on the outside weather. The efficiency is reduced in colder weather, so you may need a backup source of heating available for when the outside temperature drops. This could be the gas mains or electric mains. Alternatively, you can purchase metal canisters that are filled with gas.
Which air source heat pump is best for my home?
An air-to-water or air-to-air system?
- Air-to-water systems – Work with your central heating system. Pumps take heat from the outside air and transfer it to a water-based system via pipes and radiators. This heat can then be used for central heating or as a hot water supply.
- Air-to-air systems – Produce warm air, which is circulated around your home via a network of fans.
Air source heat pump installation
Luckily, ASHP’s are very easy to install, without any need for extensive groundworks. A trusted engineer simply places the ASHP on a flat concrete base that’s connected to the heating pipes and electrical power cables running from the set-up unit into your property.
Do air source heat pumps need servicing?
One of the benefits of a well-installed ASHP system is that it requires very little maintenance, with a lifespan of at least 20-30 years. Despite this, an annual check is still advised, which Zing Energy offers as standard. We’ll provide details of your system’s exact maintenance requirements, as well as how to optimise your system’s performance to boost efficiency and save you money.
How much do they cost and how much can you save?
The cost of installing an air source heat pump varies and is dependent upon your home heating requirements and the size of the system needed. A full system installation can cost anywhere from £5,000 to £10,000. To find out more, simply contact Zing Energy and one of our team will be happy to help.
ASHP’s can lead to significant savings. If you are replacing an electric storage heater system, installation could add up to savings of £1,000 per year (with gas equating to a little less)! A consultant from Zing Energy would be able to give you an accurate estimate of savings based on your system and previous bills.
Air source heat pump grants and funding
Under the Energy Companies Obligation ‘ECO’, grants towards the cost of a new ASHP are available. The funding is usually dependent upon the homeowner or tenant receiving qualifying benefits, plus the type of property they live in. Switching to a renewable technology can be an expensive undertaking, but help is at hand. As an FCA approved company, we can provide you with the perfect finance solution, whether you’re looking for a short-term or long-term plan. To find out more, simply get in touch and one of our finance specialists will be able to help.
Speak to a specialist
Zing Energy has a series of leading experts in air source heating who can provide you with tailored solutions and guidance based on the specifics of your property.